14 Short stories worth reading which cheers your life
14 short stories worth reading, feeling and forwarding to all those dear to you..
14 short stories worth reading
Fall and Rise
- Today, when I slipped on the wet tile floor a boy in a wheelchair caught me before I slammed my head on the ground. He said, “Believe it or not, that’s almost exactly how I injured my back 3 years ago”
A father’s advice
- Today, my father told me, “Just go for it and give it a try!” You don’t have to be a professional to build a successful product. Amateurs started Google and Apple. Professionals built the Titanic
The power of uniqueness
- Today, I asked my mentor – a very successful business man in his 70’s – what his top 3 tips are for success. He smiled and said, “Read something no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and do something no one else is doing”
- Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper I’m working on for my Psychology class. When I asked her to define success in her own words, she said, “Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile”
Try and U shall know
- I am blind by birth. When I was 8 years old, I wanted to play baseball. I asked my father- “Dad, can I play baseball?” He said “You’ll never know until you try” When I was a teenager, I asked him, “Dad Can I become a surgeon?”. He replied “Son, you’ll never know until you try” Today I am a Surgeon, just because I tried!
Goodness and gratitude
- Today, after a 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran up to me at the grocery store and gave me a hug. When I tensed up, she realized I didn’t recognize her. She let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the most sincere smile and said, “On 9-11-2001, you carried me out of the World Trade Center”
Love conquers pain
- Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. Just before he died, he licked the tears off my face.
A door closes to open another
- Today at 07:00 AM, I woke up feeling ill, but decided I needed the money, so I went into work. At 03:00 PM I got laid off. On my drive home I got a flat tire. When I went into the trunk for the spare, it was flat too. A man in a BMW pulled over, gave me a ride, we chatted, and then he offered me a job. I start tomorrow.
- Today, as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around my mother’s hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before she died. She simply said, “I feel so loved right now. We should have gotten together like this more often.”
- Today, I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in a small hospital bed. About 5 seconds after he passed, I realized it was the first time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.
- Today, in the cutest voice, my 8-year-old daughter asked me to start recycling. I chuckled and asked, “Why?” She replied, “So you can help me save the planet” I chuckled again and asked, “And why do you want to save the planet?” She replied, “Because that’s where I keep all my stuff”
- Today, when I witnessed a 27-year-old breast cancer patient laughing hysterically at her 2-year-old daughter’s antics, I suddenly realized that I need to stop complaining about my life and start celebrating it again.
- Today, a boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately struggling on crutches with my broken leg and offered to carry my backpack and books for me. He helped me all the way across campus to my class and as he was leaving he said, “I hope you feel better soon”
- Today, I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe. He said he hadn’t eaten anything in over 3 days and looked extremely skinny and unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the sandwich he was eating. The first thing the man said was, “We can share it”
Cheers to life.???
One of the best post, ever gone through…..thanks to all those who decided to share these real life experiences …
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!